Why Student Empowerment?
Being a student is just like dodging a bullet every day. Life of a student is no less than a roller coaster ride, sometimes they feel elated and the other times they are oppressed by the parental or peer pressure. In a nutshell, we can say a student’s life is a combination of happiness and sorrows. And most of the times rather than enjoying the student phase of life, a student focus more on sorrows and miseries of the student life. Not all of them are strong enough to enjoy this ride and then comes mental health in the picture; the news of students committing suicides is no more a new phenomenon.
We all need to understand gone are those days when the duty of a student was only to score good marks by mugging up all the things. Sometimes we forget that the main motive of education is to make a man knowledgeable and not to flaunt marks. And to stop this belief and to reduce the sorrow phase of this roller coaster we need to empower all the students. Empowering students will change the perspective of them regarding education, studies, and life.
How Student Empowerment?
The following ways deal with how a student can be empowered:
Change the mindset of students
Before doing anything you need to know that it isn’t going to be easy to empower students as;
- Students have their own preconception in their mind and that mindset of them needs to be changed.
- Because of society’s pressure there are certain myths and believes in the mind of the students, so change your believes and enjoy every day as a student.
Most of the students lack this trait in them, so to be successful,
- You need to boost your confidence and believe in yourself, boosting confidence will automatically lead you to your success.
- Before convincing society, you need to convince yourself that you can do this.
- Having self-confidence is the basic step of the ladder of success. If you have exam phobia boosting your confidence will automatically help you in overcoming your exam fear.
- There is no better success formula one can apply than believing in himself.
- Everybody is unique in his own way, you need to know or you need to explore what your uniqueness is and believe you are unique in your own different way.
Mostly deviation or distraction is one of the major issues faced by a student, they often complain they cannot concentrate and they get distracted very easily.
- The first step to avoid distractions is you need to set your priorities. Once you set up your priorities you will be more focused.
- Less concentration on studies is also one of the major issues faced, and to concentrate on studies make studies your top most priorities as a student and after you place studies as your first priority you will automatically be more ` and when you are fully committed to studies you will be focused.
- Making studies your topmost priority may also guarantee you 100% success formula and you may be the topper of your class as after making studies your topmost priority you will be focused and committed to them and no one fails when he is dedicated towards his work.
Achieving your goals
You can achieve your goals in a smarter way more easily. I believe everyone in this world wants to be happy and you only get happy when you do the things you love.
- Set smaller goals before you set bigger goals and initially set goals about things you love. Gradually, set goals for other things and try to love them as loving what you do will make you happy and you will be motivated.
- Everyone in this world has a dream job which he wants to do and your dream job will obviously be the thing you love to do. And to achieve your dream job to be committed to your skills.
- Pursue things that you love and excel them automatically you will achieve your dream job because when you love to do something you will try harder to achieve them.
In other words, student life can be a bed of roses if you are always motivated and positive. You just need to change in your beliefs and have a different mindset, work hard, understand the priorities, and are not too hard on yourself, because as stated, student life is a roller coaster, with highs, there will be lows.